Crepe Revolution, located in Smyrna, GA at the West Village hosted their first Community Coffee Tasting Event on Saturday, May 19th. Dennis Zarneke, Territory Sales Manager for Community Coffee led our tasting and teachings! Dennis and Neel Sengupta, owner of Crepe Revolution started their friendship over 20 years ago (their wives met in college & were sorority sisters!)
*paired with a baked crepe cup filled with wild mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and a poached egg, fresh thyme hollandaise and maple glazed bacon
Colombia: Colombia Toledo-Labateca -- delicate, shade-grown in the fertile volcanic soil where the cool air of the Andes Mountains intersect with the hot humidity from the lower savannas.
Kona: The only coffee grown in the 1 mile wide by 30 mile long Kona Coffee district can call itself Kona Coffee. Delicious, smooth and bright!
*paired with creme anglaise with fresh berries
Sumatra: Indonesian coffee grown in an area of Sumatra near the Indian Ocean. Slightly earthy flavors and tastes of pronounced herbal nuances.
French Roast: Ideal for those into a more European-style, dark roasted coffee. Intense rich aromas. Community Coffee's darkest and most flavorful blend.
*paired best with dessert: beignet served over bananas foster
A few interesting facts:
- French Press: let steep for only 2 minutes
- Crepe Revolution uses Community Coffee's Signature Blend Dark Roast (a 100% Arabica coffee made with the top 10% of beans)
- light roast coffee contains more caffeine than dark roast beans
- French Press is the ideal way to brew coffee
- A coffee machine under $50.00 is a waste of your time! Search for a multiple drip function on a coffee machine for maximum flavor (Bunn Coffee makes a great machine)
- Ideal water temperature for brewing coffee is between 195-205 degrees
- keep whole beans/ground coffee away from light (enclosed canisters)
- do not keep coffee in freezer ( the moisture when taken out of freezer as it hits the air will compromise the bean)
- use coffee grinds for compost, plants, soil enhancers and pest deterrents